This article is more than 3 months old and may not reflect current stock. To be informed of latest stock, sign up for our monthly newsletters.
We are having some nice fall weather now after a long hot summer. Glad that is behind us. Now is the time for fall planting. FALL IS THE BEST TIME OF YEAR FOR PLANTING TREES AND SHRUBS.
Fall fertilizing should be done now as well. If you have not done your fall fertilizing yet you should do it as soon as possible. This fertilizing is important because it gives plants a good boost and also gives them stored food for winter. Next spring they will use that stored food for growth as soon as the weather warms. A balanced fertilizer is good for almost everything in the landscape. Citrus trees would like a citrus fertilizer and this should be the last application for them for the season. Don’t feed them in the winter. Rhododendrons and azaleas should not be fertilized now unless it is with a bloom fertilizer. This will help give more blooms next spring. The same could be used on Dogwoods if you have one that does not want to bloom well. It may help.
The weather is now ideal for fall planting of trees and shrubs. Fall planted trees and shrubs develop roots through the cooler fall and even into the winter and then are ready to take off and grow next spring and will be well established by summer to get through the heat of the summer with no problems.
Next month we will be getting in our Blueberries, pomegranates, figs and also berries. I don’t know of the exact dates but I will notify via email and on our Facebook page when they come in.
Don’t forget to do your dormant spraying of your fruit trees this winter during the dormant season. It is too early now, but the first spraying will need to be done in November. Use copper mixed with horticultural oil or Neem oil and spray the entire tree as well as the trunk. Rake up leaves from this year when they fall to help reduce the spread of the fungus that causes leaf curl. Remember to spray 3 times during the dormant season. We suggest Thanksgiving, Christmas and Valentines day as easy dates to remember.
It is time to plant your winter vegetable if you have not already done so. We will have them available for another 2 or 3 weeks. When you plant, use a vegetable fertilizer in the soil before planting and then re apply about 1/2 way through the season.
Enjoy this beautiful fall weather we are having. And remember that fall is the best time for planting trees and shrubs.
TREES IN STOCK FOR FALL PLANTING
- Autumn Blaze Maple 15 gal. $65
- Autumn Fantasy Maple 15 gal. $65
- October Glory Maple 5 Gal. $35, 15 gal. $65
- Sun Valley Red Maple 5 gal. $35, 15 gal $65
- European White Birch 5 gal. $35
- Mimosa Silk Tree 5 gal. $35
- Strawberry Tree 5 gal $39, 15 gal $75
- Deodara Cedar 5 gal $25
- Eastern Redbud 5 gal $35
- Oklahoma Redbud 5 gal $35
- Mexican Redbud Multi trunk 15 gal $65
- Western Redbud 1 gal. $11.25, 15 gal $75
- Western Catalpa 5 gal $35
- Leylandi Cypress 5 gal $25
- Italian Cypress 5 gal $25
- Arizona Cypress 5 gal $25
- Raywood Ash 5 gal $35, 15 gal $65
- Chinese Pistache 5 gal $35
- Krauter Vesuvius Flwg. Plum 5 gal $35, 15 gal $35, 24″ Box $165
- Fruitless Mulberry 5 gal $35, 15 gal $65, 24″ Box $165
- London Plane Sycamore 5 gal $35,15 gal $65
- CA Sycamore 5 gal $25
- Liquidambar styraciflua 5 gal $25
- Silver Maple 5 gal $25
- Pin Oak 5 gal $25, 15 gal $65
- Scarlet Oak 5 gal $25
- Red Oak 5 gal $25
- Shumard Red Oak 5 gal $35, 15 gal $65
- Crape Myrtle, Assorted Colors 5 gal $36
- Liriodendron tulipifera 5 gal $35
- Sour Gum 5 gal $35
- Aptos Blue Coast Redwood 5 gal $31.50,
- 15 gal. $70
- Thuja Green Giant 5 gal. $31.50, 15 gal $75
- Lombardy Poplar 3 gal. $12.50
- Weeping Willow 5 gal. $35
- European Mountain Ash 5 gal $35, 15 gal $65
- Chinese Fringe Tree 5 gal. $35
- Walnuts, Assorted 15 gal $45
- Pecans, Assorted 15 gal. $59
- Assorted Fruit Trees 5 gal $25
- Assorted Citrus Trees 5 gal $36
- Japanese Maples Prices vary by size and variety.
All prices are limited to stock on hand.
If you are looking for a tree not on the list, let us know. We can probably order it and have it within a week or two.
We hope to see you soon.